Re: my rights in my brother's ancestral property.

0 votes
asked Mar 25 in Property Law by anonymous
Sir, I have an agriculture land of four acres. The partition was done in my and my brother’s favor equally. But the partion was done during 1986 june with help of village accountant and tahasildar.I have a mutation papers .Since from 1987 I am getting holdings certificate to take  the loan.But partition has not done throug registrar nor court father died during 1998 and mothe in feb 2005. Before june 1986 the agriculture land was on father’s name.before 1963 it was on the name of my grand fathe who divided the agri land in between my father and and my fathr’s elder brother equally.

I have four married sisters asking share in the above land. Is there any time span to claim this land sir? I have heard that after  gap of 13 years of oral partion, my sister were lost the claim in  rights in ancestral property.

Whether oral partition is acceptable or not acceptable to hindu succession act which was done before 2005 sep on or after sir.

Now my brother wanted to give the above land to me. Because he was not married but do not want to write the will.But i want to know after his death whether my sisters are having the rights in my brothers’s property or not?

Kindly answer.

With regards

Veer parma

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Welcome to Lawhelpline - Online Free Legal Answers in India. Here, you can ask your legal questions and receive answers from Top Expert Lawyers, Advocates, and Attorneys.

Benefit To Lawyers - Lawyers (Advocates) can register account here to increase their clients. They can answer the questions asked by other users. Also, they can post those questions themselves and answer them that are asked frequently. This will make other users to know answers without asking on your behalf. You can put your details (phone, email, experience, expertise) on your profile.

Register Here

Watch Video For Asking Question Here