Police not issuing lost certificate or FIR for lost passport

0 votes
asked Mar 13 in Civil Law by Kunal
Hi sir recently i lost my passport. I lodged a police complain for a lost passport, along with an affidavit supporting the complain. It has been 1 month but the police is neither issuing a lost certificate nor its giving me an FIR. When ever I go to the police station , the chief police inspector harasses me telling that I have lodged a false complaint, he even uses words like "I will kick you " and talks to me as if I am a criminal. Please tell me what legal way i have in order to get a FIR or a loss certificate ,as I am not able to reissue my passport in the absence of an FIR or loss certificate.My passport was issued in Kolkata and I lost it in Hyderabad.

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Welcome to Lawhelpline - Online Free Legal Answers in India. Here, you can ask your legal questions and receive answers from Top Expert Lawyers, Advocates, and Attorneys.

Benefit To Lawyers - Lawyers (Advocates) can register account here to increase their clients. They can answer the questions asked by other users. Also, they can post those questions themselves and answer them that are asked frequently. This will make other users to know answers without asking on your behalf. You can put your details (phone, email, experience, expertise) on your profile.

Register Here

Watch Video For Asking Question Here