A person had taken my property documents for a loan purpose, but even after clearing the loan he is refusing to return my documents..

+1 vote
asked Nov 5, 2016 in Property Law by Sukanya
Respected sir/madam,

        My dad has taken some amount of money from his friend as a loan by giving our property documents as a witness to him. .  But later when my dad has cleared all the amount taken along with interest , that person has refused to return the documents back. . In return he had claimed a case against my parents that they hadn't cleared his loan amount . . The case was in court for several years , finally the judgement came in the favor of my parents . .  Even then he had lied to the court as, he is not having our property documents with him. .  So on our lawyers advice , my parents had got duplicate documents..  

Please clarify me, can we sell our property by using this duplicate documents.? Are they be considered as original one's.? Do we have to face any problems in future..? Is there any chances for the person to misuse our original documents who is having them without my parents permission.? Please do clarify my doubts sir...

1 Answer

0 votes
answered Nov 5 by kalaskark
First built up bona fide efforts to show that you have claimed the documents through court, through legal notice and by filing police complaint.
Welcome to Lawhelpline - Online Free Legal Answers in India. Here, you can ask your legal questions and receive answers from Top Expert Lawyers, Advocates, and Attorneys.

Benefit To Lawyers - Lawyers (Advocates) can register account here to increase their clients. They can answer the questions asked by other users. Also, they can post those questions themselves and answer them that are asked frequently. This will make other users to know answers without asking on your behalf. You can put your details (phone, email, experience, expertise) on your profile.

Register Here

Watch Video For Asking Question Here