Cheque bounce in partnership. Expect notary no other legal document done.

0 votes
asked Jul 14, 2016 in Cheque Bounce by Report Fraud

Hello experts,

I had transfer some amount to one on the LLP as we wanted to do partnership with them for pri-school business where we both agreed to invest 50% of total cost. This person had very good reputation in the society we are living and hence we fall in the trap. And only notary was done and this person never let us enter in Partnership deed, every time when we asked for it he avoided topic. Because that person's attitude, avoiding partnership deed and behavior towards us we decide to withdraw from project and after lot of discussion LLP owner gave us post dated cheques of same amount which I transferred to his LLP account.

Before I present cheques to the bank, LLP owner send me SMS and Email saying "because of not having enough funds in my account I am stopping cheques and I have send registered post as I have full intentions to repay me back but you need to wait". I did not see the emails and SMS he send and presented cheques to the bank. Registered post I received after I present cheques to bank.

When I asked him about why he stopped cheque payments, he said I have given this money to course designer and I will return you once I get money back from them. When I asked about receipts for money transaction, contact number, or call that person from his cell he refuses.

Looking all above sequences I had doubt on his intentions and I send him notice also file case under 138 NI Act section well within time lines which is yet to come on bench. Now questions which I have are,
Note: My intention is not punish him but to get back my hard earned money.

- Can he declare himself bankrupt to save himself from possible punishment or repaying us.
- If he declare himself as bankrupt what possible steps can court of law takes?
- With most of my talks with few other businessmen friends they says your money is gone and it will not come back, this person must be aware of lot of loopholes in the system and will come out safely.
- Can I also file 420 case along with 138 NI act?
- What loopholes he can opt to save himself or repay me back?

Thanks in advance for your valuable advice.

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Welcome to Lawhelpline - Online Free Legal Answers in India. Here, you can ask your legal questions and receive answers from Top Expert Lawyers, Advocates, and Attorneys.

Benefit To Lawyers - Lawyers (Advocates) can register account here to increase their clients. They can answer the questions asked by other users. Also, they can post those questions themselves and answer them that are asked frequently. This will make other users to know answers without asking on your behalf. You can put your details (phone, email, experience, expertise) on your profile.

Register Here

Watch Video For Asking Question Here