I am from Australia and my friend has overstayed in India.

+2 votes
asked Feb 14, 2015 in Immigration Law by Mark Ling

I am from Australia and I came to India for searching my friend who came here 4 moths back. He took a tourist visa that was given for 2 months. After 2 months my friend has no contact with anybody.

I think he has gone somewhere as his visa got expired and due to fear of arrest due to overstay he has gone into hiding.

Now, what should do to search him? What are the laws for overstaying in India? How to get rid of this mess?

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Welcome to Lawhelpline - Online Free Legal Answers in India. Here, you can ask your legal questions and receive answers from Top Expert Lawyers, Advocates, and Attorneys.

Benefit To Lawyers - Lawyers (Advocates) can register account here to increase their clients. They can answer the questions asked by other users. Also, they can post those questions themselves and answer them that are asked frequently. This will make other users to know answers without asking on your behalf. You can put your details (phone, email, experience, expertise) on your profile.

Register Here

Watch Video For Asking Question Here